Senior Pricing Analyst
Who we are:
Ticker is an insurtech taking connected motor insurance to a much wider market, using the latest telematics technology and pricing methods. The executive team are insurtech experts, with a first-class track record in the industry.
What the role is:
As one of our Pricing Analysts, you’ll be a key member of our pricing and underwriting team, and responsible for providing creative pricing support across all our products. Your key focus will be on enabling rapid rate changes in the fast-paced motor retail environment.
You’ll be actively involved in designing and implementing cutting-edge pricing techniques as we continue to evolve the sophistication of our pricing, including developing AI and machine learning into our standard practices.
You’ll sit at the heart of the pricing team, and we’ll expect you to be interested and knowledgeable in all the latest developments within the world of motor pricing. With line management responsibility, you’ll have the opportunity to develop more junior members of the team and communicate regularly with key stakeholders across the business.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Integrating customer behaviour data with traditional pricing models
- Building and maintaining LTV/optimising analytics to maximise value
- Impact-assessing key pricing changes
- Manipulating new data to work with pricing models and derive value from the results
- Supporting model implementation management, build and deployment to the market
- High-quality predictive modelling, including behaviour models, market models and sales forecasting
- Tracking key trading metrics, recognising any early warning signs of changes
- Active portfolio management: assessing performance, making recommendations and reporting on key findings
- Working closely with other teams in Ticker – from helping underwriters with referral queries or anti-fraud managers with data manipulation, to working with developers on delivering exceptional projects
- Working with external partners, including development of third-party data capabilities.
- Project-managing changes proposed by the pricing team
- Assisting with Pricing Committee preparation and presenting findings
- Supporting the development of team members
- You’ll have knowledge of UK motor insurance
- You’ll be confident with all the usual data analytics tools
- You’ll be comfortable working with new data and deriving value from it
- You’ll have an analytical degree at 2:1 or higher
- You’ll have the drive to input into the business culture, maintaining a strong customer focus.
- You’ll have a minimum of two years in an insurance pricing (or similar) function
- You’ll have knowledge of insurance-specific software: Radar Base, Radar Live, Emblem (or similar) price delivery software
- You’ll know SAS, R, SQL, Python (or similar) coding program languages
- You must have strong Excel skills
- You must have a willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Industry qualifications
- Motor personal lines insurance exposure
- Previous LTV experience
- Machine learning
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus your birthday off
- Enthusiastic investment in your development and ideas
- Free parking when in the office
- Flexible home working
Where we are:
Our office is in a rural location in Godalming (with direct links to London from nearby Guildford) but the business is remote-first. Location is not an issue as long as you’d be happy to come into the office to see the team semi-regularly.
If you’d like to talk about this role, please contact us at [email protected].
Go to all Ticker jobs