Who we are:
Ticker is an insurtech taking connected motor insurance to a much wider market, using the latest telematics technology and pricing methods. The executive team are insurtech experts, with a first-class track record in the industry.
What the role is:
As one of our Pricing Analysts, you’ll be a key member of our pricing and underwriting team and responsible for providing creative pricing support across all our products. Your key focus will be on enabling rapid rate changes in the fast-paced motor retail environment.
You’ll be actively involved in designing and implementing cutting-edge pricing techniques as we continue to evolve the sophistication of our pricing, including machine learning and AI.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Integrating customer behaviour data with traditional pricing models
- Assisting with optimising analytics to maximise value
- Impact-assessing key pricing changes
- Manipulating new data to work with pricing models and derive value from the results
- Supporting model implementation build and deployment to market
- High-quality predictive modelling, including but not limited to: behaviour models, market models and sales forecasting
- Tracking key trading metrics, recognising any early warning signs of changes
- Assisting with portfolio management: assessing performance, making recommendations and reporting on key findings
- Working closely with other teams – from helping underwriters with referral queries or anti-fraud managers with data manipulation, to working with developers on delivering exceptional projects
- You’ll have knowledge of UK motor insurance
- You should be confident with all the standard data analytics tools
- You’ll be comfortable working with new data and deriving value from it
- You’ll have an analytical degree at 2:1 or higher
- You’ll have the drive to input into the business culture, maintaining a strong customer focus
- You must have strong experience with Excel and previous exposure to coding
- You must be willing to learn and apply new skills
- Insurance specific software: Radar Base, Radar Live, Emblem
- Coding: SAS, R, SQL, Python
- Machine learning
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus your birthday off
- Enthusiastic investment in your development and ideas
- Free parking when in the office
- Flexible home working
Where we are:
Our office is in a rural location in Godalming (with direct links to London from nearby Guildford) but the business is remote-first. Location is not an issue as long as you’d be happy to come into the office to see the team semi-regularly.
If you’d like to talk about this role, please contact us at [email protected].
Go to all Ticker jobs