Who we are:
Ticker is an insurtech taking connected motor insurance to a much wider market, using the latest telematics technology and pricing methods. The executive team are insurtech experts, with a first-class track record in the industry.
What the role is:
We’re looking for a Management Accountant to help us make sure our finance function keeps pace with our fast-growing business.
As our Management Accountant, you’ll work in the finance team and report to the Finance Manager. We work to the usual financial reporting cycle and you’ll be responsible for day-to-day finance activities, supporting the production of the monthly management accounts and forecasting process.
The role is varied, so you’ll get involved in a large number of tasks to make sure all business needs are met and deadlines are hit. We’re looking for your ideas and expertise to help develop a finance function that works closely with the business and adds value to Ticker.
Experience of working within insurance is essential.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Preparing and posting journals, accruals and prepayments to ensure accuracy of accounts
- Preparing monthly product management accounts with variance analysis and commentary to a month end timetable
- Managing day-to-day cashflow, ensuring daily forecasts are updated
- Preparing payroll
- Preparing and being actively involved in the budgeting and forecasting process including variance analysis
- Completing VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations and control
- Enhancing, innovating and improving existing processes and controls
- Other ad hoc tasks and support as required
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA-qualified preferred, although we will consider applications from candidates qualified by experience
- Proven experience in preparing and presenting management accounts
- Prior insurance experience
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic
- Exceptionally strong Excel working knowledge
- Ability to work with large quantities of data and multiple systems
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who can juggle lots of responsibilities
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Care with detail and respect for confidential information
- Flexibility and commitment, with a focus on quality and delivery
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus your birthday off
- Enthusiastic investment in your development and ideas
- Free parking when in the office
- Flexible home working
Where we are:
Our office is in a rural location in Godalming (with direct links to London from nearby Guildford) but the business is remote-first. Location is not an issue as long as you’d be happy to come into the office to see the team semi-regularly.
If you’d like to talk about this role, please contact us at [email protected].
Go to all Ticker jobs