Who we are:
Ticker is an insurtech taking connected motor insurance to a much wider market, using the latest telematics technology and pricing methods. The executive team are insurtech experts, with a first-class track record in the industry.
What the role is:
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to help us make sure our finance function keeps pace with our fast-growing business.
As one of our Finance Analysts, you will work within the finance team and report to the Head of Finance. You’ll support the finance operations function and make sure that transactional and cash management is accurate and efficient. You’ll need to be self-motivated to hit our regular deadlines.
The role is varied and we’re looking for your input and expertise to help develop a leading finance function, with smooth processes that add value to Ticker.
Some experience of working within insurance is essential.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Managing bank accounts and the day-to-day cashflow, making sure the forecasts are updated (daily/monthly/annually).
- Bank and client money reconciliations in line with FCA regulations.
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are processed and paid accurately in line with agreed SLAs, and are approved in line with the company’s authority matrix.
- Setting up and manage company expense control and procedures.
- Managing the monthly payroll by accurately maintaining the payroll records and preparing and submitting payroll to the payroll bureau. This includes ensuring any payroll changes are validated and processed.
- Assisting with the year-end payroll process, including P60s, P11Ds and end-of-tax-year HMRC reconciliation
- Assisting with customer queries ensuring we adhere to TCF principles.
- Supporting the finance team in managing peaks of activity throughout the month.
- Enhancing, innovating and improving existing processes and controls.
- Working alongside the Head of Finance on a variety of projects.
- Other ad hoc tasks and support as required.
- Experience in finance operations is essential
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills
- Reconciliations experience
- Positive, proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience with working in an insurance environment
- Ability to work with large quantity of data and across multiple systems
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to effectively deal with numerous activities simultaneously
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with stakeholders
- Care with detail and respect for confidential information
- Flexibility and commitment, with a focus on quality and delivery
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus your birthday off
- Enthusiastic investment in your development and ideas
- Free parking when in the office
- Flexible home working
Where we are:
Our office is in a rural location in Godalming (with direct links to London from nearby Guildford) but the business is remote-first. Location is not an issue as long as you’d be happy to come into the office to see the team semi-regularly.
If you’d like to talk about this role, please contact us at [email protected].
Go to all Ticker jobs