Back-end Serverless Developer
Who we are:
Ticker is an insurtech taking connected motor insurance to a much wider market, using the latest telematics technology and pricing methods. The executive team are insurtech experts, with a first-class track record in the industry.
What the role is:
We’ll use the best cloud-native, serverless technologies to help us focus on delivering features and value, rather than infrastructure. Our tech will both delight our customers and go unnoticed if we’re doing our job right.
What you’ll be doing with your days:
- Developing our services with TypeScript (with Node.js) in Lambda
- Shipping. Often. Automated testing with CI/CD. Design and evolving our DevOps tooling.
- AWS Lambda with Serverless framework
- Building our AWS cloud environment – we build it, we run it
- Performance tuning and optimisation, getting the best bang for our buck
- Embracing the right tools for the job
- Being enthusiastic about learning new things to help us go faster and stay lean
- Experimenting, testing, measuring, iterating
- Staying security-focused – we take it seriously and have run hacker bounty programs
- AWS Services – AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS etc.
- GraphQL (Apollo), with some REST API endpoints.
- Git. Obviously. We’re GitHub people.
- Serverless framework (serverless.com), AWS CDK.
- Data modelling (NoSQL and Relational – DynamoDB, Postgres RDS).
- Event-driven and Async patterns.
- Domain-driven design/service-oriented architecture/microservices experience very desirable.
- Generous salary
- Bonus scheme (based on company and personal performance)
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus your birthday off
- Enthusiastic investment in your development and ideas
- Free parking when in the office
- Flexible home working
Where we are:
Our office is in a rural location in Godalming (with direct links to London from nearby Guildford) but the business is remote-first. Location is not an issue as long as you’d be happy to come into the office to see the team semi-regularly.
If you’d like to talk about this role, please contact us at [email protected].
Go to all Ticker jobs